iMDirect Marketing- Terms of Service
Effective: January 15, 2016This Terms of Service explains how iMDirect Marketing (SKS Call Center Solutions, LLC DBA iMDirect Marketing), (iDM, iMDirect, us, we, and our) uses your information and applies to all who use our web Site – www.imdirectmarketing.com, mobile applications, electronic services, social networking sites, interactive features, online services, or any of our described online activities we own or control (collectively, the “site”). This Privacy Statement is incorporated in our Terms and Conditions, which also apply when you use our Site.These Terms of Service (“Agreement”) describe the terms and conditions under which you (“Client”, “you”, or “your”) may access and use iDM’s Service.BY CLICKING THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON, COMPLETING THE ACCOUNT CREATION PROCESS, OR USING iDM’S SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY (FOR INSTANCE, AS AN ADVERTISING AGENCY ON BEHALF OF A CLIENT), OR YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO BIND ANY SUCH OTHER ENTITY, THEN THE TERMS “CLIENT,” “YOU,” OR “YOUR” WILL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY (OR, IF SUCH ENTITY IS ACTING AS AN AGENT ON BEHALF OF ANOTHER THIRD PARTY, THEN THE TERMS “CLIENT,” “YOU,” OR “YOUR” WILL REFER TO SUCH ENTITY AND THE AUTHORIZING PARTY(IES), AS APPLICABLE). iDM MAY MODIFY THE AGREEMENT FROM TIME TO TIME; CONTINUED USE 30 DAYS AFTER NOTIFICATION WILL CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE.IMPORTANT: BY AGREEING TO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AGREE TO RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH iDM THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION (AND WITH VERY LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, NOT IN COURT), AND YOU WAIVE CERTAIN RIGHTS TO PARTICIPATE IN CLASS ACTIONS, AS DETAILED IN SECTION 15.
- “Account” means a Client account for access to the Platform.
- “Ad” means any display creative advertisement that is targeted to an end user through the Service.
- “iDM Materials” means the Platform, Technology, Documentation, visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, computer code, and all other elements of the Service, including related modifications and derivative works.
- “Applicable Law” means any applicable federal, state or foreign laws or regulations or any industry self-regulatory rules or guidelines (including the Interactive Advertising Bureau Guidelines, Standards & Best Practices, the NAI Code of Conduct, the DAA Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising, EU Directive 95/46/EC and EU Directive 2002/58/EC) that relate to a party’s obligations under this Agreement.
- “Campaign Data” means performance and measurement data made available through the Platform that relates to Client’s Ad campaigns launched through the Service.
- “Client Content” means all logos, trademarks, images, graphics, text, and other materials included by Client in the Ads provided to iDM for use with the Services.
- “Documentation” means reference documents, support service guidelines, policies, or technical material relating to the Service that are provided by iDM to Client.
- “Feedback” means information regarding the features and performance of the Service and Materials, including (without limitation) reports of failures, errors, or other malfunctions that Client encounters through its use of the Service.
- “Insertion Order” means a document executed by both parties that specifies the type of Services to be provided to Client by iDM for a particular campaign, the duration of the Services, a budget, fees, and other details.
- “Network” means a group of publishers, ad networks, ad exchanges, and other ad inventory sources that iDM has partnered with to provide the Services.
- “Platform” means the iDM website, dashboard, and tools that Client has access to through the Service in order to create, launch, monitor, pause, and stop an Ad campaign.
- “Service” means any iDMl offering that Client agrees to receive, subject to this Agreement and mutually agreed upon addendums, and, if applicable, in an Insertion Order.
- “SDK” means iDM’s software development kit to support its mobile retargeting Ad Service.
- “Service Data” means data (and each component of such data) that is collected by iDM from end users through the use of a pixel (or other script or code) installed on Client’s website, an integrated mobile SDK, or other mutually agreed upon means, including any data obtained from third parties while providing the Services. Service Data does not include any personally identifiable information provided by Client or Campaign Data. However, if Client has configured the pixel (or other script or code) to send hashed email addresses to iDM, this data will be Service Data.
- “Technology” means the iDM proprietary technology that allows iDM to provide the Services, including the iDM pixel (or other script or code), the SDK, or other mutually agreed upon means.
2. THE iMDirect SERVICE2.1 The Services. Client may choose to receive any combination of Services available by indicating the same through the Platform or, if applicable, in an Insertion Order.2.2 iMDirect License Grant. iDM grants the following limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable rights and licenses without the right of sublicense to Client during the Term: (i) for all Services, to access and use the Platform and Documentation solely for Client’s internal business purposes, and solely on Client’s own behalf, in connection with its receipt of the Services; (ii) for web related Services, to integrate the pixel (or other script or code) into Client’s website for web-related Services; (iii) for mobile related Services, to integrate the SDK (in object code form) into Client’s mobile and tablet applications for mobile-related Services, or (iv) to integrate through other mutually agreed upon means.2.3 Client License Grant. During the Term, Client grants iDM a worldwide, royalty-free, transferable license to use, distribute, reproduce, adapt (with respect to sizing or as specifically requested by Client), publicly perform, publicly display, and exploit the Client Content in Ads on the Network or otherwise in connection with the Service and in promotional materials related to the Service. iDM will seek prior authorization from Client for any press release naming Client.2.4 Requirements. Client will comply with all requirements for use of the Service communicated by iDM to Client via Documentation, and acknowledges that absent such compliance, iDM may be unable to provide the Service to Client. Depending on the Services Client chooses to receive, technical requirements may include: (i) including tags, pixels, script, or code supplied by iDM on Client’s website; (ii) installing the SDK into Client’s mobile or tablet applications; (iii) supplying appropriate Client Content necessary for iDM to provide the Service; and/or (iv) allowing access to data collected by Client’s mobile measurement partner. If Client fails to comply with any technical requirements, iDM may be unable to provide the Service and will have no liability to Client for such failure to provide the Service.2.5 Support. iDM has no obligation to provide updates or other support for the Service. In the event that iDM provides Service updates to Client, Client will integrate the updates within 30 days.2.6 Modifications. iDM may make changes to the Service (including discontinuation of all or part of the Service) at any time. In the event of a material change, iDM will provide notice to Client of such changes in accordance with this Agreement. If Client does not wish to continue to use the modified Service, Client’s sole remedy is to terminate the Agreement by providing written notice to iDM, and iDM will refund to Client any prepaid amounts for Services not performed as of the termination date.2.7 Display of Ads. iDM has absolute discretion as to where and how often Ads will be displayed within the Network. For instance, ads may be displayed next to ads of Client’s competitors, or on websites, and mobile and tablet applications that are undesirable to Client. iDM will use commercially reasonable efforts not to display Ads on websites, or mobile or tablet applications that it determines to be pornographic, defamatory, obscene or illegal in nature. If Client notifies iDM in writing that Ads are being displayed in this manner, iDM will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove such Ads. Client Content must comply with Documentation requirements or iDM may be unable to provide the Service with respect to such Client Content.2.8 Third Party Terms. Certain parts of the Service require the creation of a user account with third parties in order to provide their products or services on the iDM Platform. Client will review any applicable terms before participating in any part of the Service to which such terms apply. Client agrees that iDM may accept certain third party terms and conditions as agent on Client’s behalf where necessary for iDM to perform Services requested by Client, for example, terms related to running campaigns on Facebook Website Custom Audiences. Links to or copies of any such terms will be provided upon request.
3. AGENCY CLIENTS.Agencies entering into Services on behalf of their clients represent that they have the authority to act on behalf of such clients with respect to all obligations and representations set forth in this Agreement. Agency accepts responsibility for the actions of its client Accounts and liability for all expenses incurred through the provision of Services to its clients. Agency clients may request at any time that their Account be migrated to another agency or to direct Client Account with iDM.
4. ACCOUNT AND CAMPAIGN SETUP4.1 Account Set Up. Setting up an Account with iDM is free of charge. Client will choose login credentials, including a password, for its Account and is responsible for all activities that occur through its Account or with its credentials. Client will use reasonable measures to secure its Account credentials and will promptly notify iDM of any breach of security, misuse or unauthorized use of its Account or credentials. Campaign modifications made using Client’s Account to set up, adjust the budget for, launch, suspend, or stop a campaign are the sole responsibility of Client. Charges incurred as a result of changes made using Client’s account will be included in Client’s regular bill or invoice.4.2 Campaign Set Up. Client will use the Platform to manage its receipt of Services, specifically to set campaign budgets and other details, and to review performance. iDM may manage a Client’s Account(s) if agreed to by both iDM and the Client. iDM will use commercially reasonable efforts to comply with the budget specified by Client. However, when Client increases or decreases its budget it may take up to one week for the new authorized budget to take effect. Unless expressly agreed to in writing by iDM, Service fees will be based on iMDirect’s measurements and tracking through its own servers using the number of impressions, clicks and other indicators necessary for calculating the fees payable by Client. Client may access these measurements through the Platform.
5. PAYMENT TERMS5.1 Prepay Accounts. For prepay accounts, Client agrees to keep valid payment method information (for example, credit card or Paypal account information) on file in its Account at all times and iDM will pre-charge Client for each campaign budget amount as determined by Client on the Platform weekly. Client authorizes iDM to charge such amounts using the valid payment details provided by Client. If Client suspends a campaign or cancels its Account, Client may request a refund of any remaining prepaid amounts in its Account after all amounts payable to iDM have been paid, provided refund requests are made within 90 days of the suspension of the campaign or cancellation of the Account. If Client has a credit balance with iDM for greater than 120 days, iDM may refund any portion of a credit balance to the valid payment method on file for Client’s Account, even if Client has not requested a refund. iDM may close Client’s Account at any time after issuing such refund.5.2 Insertion Order Accounts. iMDirect may, in its sole discretion, allow Client to submit an Insertion Order requesting Services. iDM reserves the right to request a prepayment from Client. iDM will send Client a monthly invoice via email reflecting the amount owed by Client to iDMl. Client will pay the amount set out in each invoice, without set-off, within 30 days of its receipt of such invoice. iDM may charge interest on overdue amounts, from the due date up to the date of actual payment, whether before or after any judgment, at a monthly rate of 1.5%, or the highest rate permitted by Applicable Law, whichever is less. Client will reimburse iDM for expenses and recovery costs incurred in collecting any past due amounts, including reasonable attorneys fees. Claims relating to invoices or Account charges must be raised by Client within 30 days of receipt or will be barred.5.3 Currency and Taxes. All payments to iDM will be made in United States Dollars, unless otherwise agreed to in an IO or offered through the Platform, and are quoted exclusive of any taxes. Client is responsible for all sales taxes, use taxes, value added taxes, withholding taxes, and any other similar taxes imposed by federal, state local or foreign governmental entities on the transactions contemplated by this Agreement, excluding taxes based solely upon iMDirect’s income.
6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS6.1 Ownership. iDM Materials are the sole and exclusive property of iDM or its third party licensors and are protected by Applicable Law. Client’s rights to the iDM Materials are limited to those rights expressly granted in this Agreement and do not include any other licenses.6.2 Restrictions. Client will not (i) modify the iDM Materials or any related proprietary notices; (ii) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or interfere with any iDM Materials (except where and to the extent such prohibition is not permitted by law); (iii) sublicense, rent, sell, or lease access to the iDM Materials, or use the iDM Materials to create any other product, service or dataset; (iv) except with respect to Campaign Data, log, capture, or otherwise create any record of any data transmitted to or from the iMDirect Materials; (v) deliver any viruses, worms, time bombs, Trojan horses or other harmful or malicious code, files, scripts or agents into the iDM Materials; (vi) use the Platform for any purpose other than using the Service for its intended purpose, which does not include creating or supplementing user profiles with targetable interests, user movement profiles, site-specific retargeting, and product-interest information outside of the Services; (vii) make or publish any representations or warranties on behalf of iDM concerning the Service or iDM Materials without iMDirect’s prior written approval. When reproducing iDM Materials, Client will include proprietary rights notices contained on the iDM Materials.6.3 Export Control Laws. iDM Materials may be subject to United States export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Act or other import or export regulations in other countries. Client must comply with all such regulations and is responsible for obtaining any related licenses.6.4 Feedback. Feedback provided to iDM may be used to develop and improve the Service, iMDirect Materials and new products and services. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Client grants iDM a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, disclose, sublicense, distribute, modify and otherwise exploit Feedback without restriction.
7. DATA RIGHTS, RESTRICTIONS AND PRIVACY7.1 Service Data and Campaign Data. iDM is the sole owner of the Service Data and the Campaign Data and may use either for any purpose allowed by Applicable Law. iDM grants Client a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid, transferable, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, disclose, sublicense, distribute, modify and otherwise exploit the Campaign Data in any manner allowed under Applicable Law.7.2 iMDirect Data Privacy Responsibilities. If and to the extent the Service Data or Campaign Data contains any personal data of individuals located in the European Economic Area, iDM Advertising Limited in Ireland will be the data controller of such information and will process this data in compliance with Applicable Law. iDM will use reasonable efforts to cooperate with Client in responding to regulatory or data subject inquiries received by Client about iMDirect’s collection and processing of the Service Data or Campaign Data containing personal data from individuals located in the European Economic Area.7.3 Client Data Privacy Responsibilities. Client will comply with all Applicable Laws that relate to individual third party privacy and publicity rights, and will be solely responsible for the operation of all websites and applications owned or operated by Client when Client uses the Service. Client will include clear and conspicuous notice consistent with Applicable Law on its websites, mobile and tablet applications that (i) discloses (and, where legally required, obtains consent to) its practices with regard to cookies, targeting and online behavioral advertising, specifically addressing its data collection, use and disclosure practices (including that by visiting Client’s site third parties may place cookies on end user browsers for this purpose, the types of data that may be collected for targeted advertising, and data collected may be used by third parties to target advertising on other sites or applications based on the end users’ online activity); and (ii) informs users that they may opt-out from receiving targeted advertisements from iDM by visiting the NAI website opt-out page here:http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or the DAA opt-out page here: http://www.aboutads.info/ or, for EU users, the EDAA opt-out page here: http://youronlinechoices.eu/. Unless explicitly agreed to by iDM, Client will not send personally identifiable information or personal data to iDM through the pixel or otherwise.IMDIRECT WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH, AND CLIENT SHALL INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD IMDIRECT HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO, CLIENT’S FAILURE TO PROVIDE NOTICES REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW TO ITS END USERS REGARDING ITS PRIVACY PRACTICES OR FOR IMDIRECT’S COLLECTION, USE OR DISCLOSURE OF SERVICE DATA AS CONTEMPLATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
8. WARRANTIES8.1 By Client. Client represents and warrants to iDM that: (i) it has the right to enter into this Agreement, to grant all rights granted and to perform its obligations under this Agreement; (ii) the Client Content and the Client websites, mobile or tablet applications do not include materials that are obscene, defamatory or contrary to any Applicable Law; (iii) the Client Content does not infringe or misappropriate the rights of any third party; (iv) the collection, transfer, use and disclosure of Service Data in accordance with this Agreement will not violate the rights of any third party (including any customer of Client) or any statements in its own posted Privacy Notice or similar privacy statement; and (v) it will comply with all Applicable Law.8.2 COPPA Compliance. Client represents and warrants that it will not place iMDirect’s pixel on any website that is directed (in whole or in part) to children under the age of thirteen (13), and that it will not knowingly send to iDM any information derived from children under the age of thirteen.8.3 By iMDirect Marketing. iDM represents and warrants that (i) it has the right to enter into this Agreement, to grant all rights granted, and perform its obligations; and (ii) it will comply with all Applicable Law. For any breach of this Section 8.3, iMDirect’s sole liability and Client’s sole remedy will be re-performance of the Service by iDM or Client’s termination rights under Section 11.8.4 Disclaimer. EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES STATED IN THIS SECTION 8, AND TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, (I) IMDIRECT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS AND MAKES NO ADDITIONAL REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, CONDITION OR OTHER CONTRACTUAL TERM (COLLECTIVELY, “PROMISES”) OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, AND (II) THE SERVICE AND MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE BY IMDIRECT UNDER THIS AGREEMENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY PROMISE WHATSOEVER. EXCEPT WHERE AND TO THE EXTENT SUCH DISCLAIMERS ARE PROHIBITED BY LAW: (A) IMDIRECT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED PROMISES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUALITY, ACCURACY, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, (B) IMDIRECT DOES NOT PROMISE NON-INTERFERENCE WITH THE ENJOYMENT OF THE SERVICE OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE ERROR-FREE, SECURE OR UNINTERRUPTED, AND (C) IMDIRECT MAKES NO PROMISE REGARDING THE RESULTS CLIENT WILL OBTAIN THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICE.
9. INDEMNIFICATION9.1 Client indemnification. Client will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless iDM and its officers, directors, employees and subsidiaries from and against all liabilities, damages and costs (including settlement costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of any claim by a third party regarding (i) Client’s breach of this Agreement; and (ii) any violation, infringement or misappropriation of any law or third-party right (including intellectual property, property, privacy or publicity rights) by Client or the Client Content.9.2 iMDirect Marketing Indemnification. iDM will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Client and its officers, directors, employees, and subsidiaries from and against all liabilities, damages and costs (including settlement costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of any third party claim that the iDM Materials infringe any copyright, trade secret, U.S. patent or trademark right of such third party. In no event will iDM have any liability under this Section 9.2 arising from unauthorized modifications made to the Technology. iMDirect’s indemnification obligations in this Section 9.2 will be iMDirect’s sole liability and Client’s sole remedy for any claims that the Service or Materials infringe or misappropriate any intellectual property right.9.3 Indemnification Process. The indemnified party will promptly notify the indemnifying party of the claim and cooperate with the indemnifying party in defending the claim. The indemnifying party will have full control and authority over the defense, except that: (i) any settlement requiring the indemnified party to admit liability requires prior written consent of the indemnified party, not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed and (ii) the indemnified party may join in the defense with its own counsel at its own expense.
10. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY.10.1 Disclaimer of Indirect Damages. IMDIRECT WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO CLIENT FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF IMDIRECT IS APPRISED OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES OCCURRING.10.2 Cap on Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL IMDIRECT’S COLLECTIVE TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY CLIENT TO IMDIRECT UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IN THE SIX MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE FIRST EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM (DETERMINED AS OF THE DATE OF ANY FINAL JUDGMENT IN AN ACTION).10.3 Basis of the Bargain. EACH PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES ALLOCATES THE RISKS OF THIS AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES, IS REFLECTED IN THE PRICING OFFERED TO CLIENT, AND AS SUCH IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. THESE PROVISIONS ARE SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IN THIS AGREEMENT IS FOUND UNENFORCEABLE, LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 10 WILL APPLY EVEN IF A REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.10.4 Limitations not permitted by law. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, IN NO EVENT DOES EITHER PARTY LIMIT OR EXCLUDE ITS LIABILITY FOR: (I) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE, (II) FOR FRAUD, OR (III) FOR ANY OTHER LIABILITY THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OR WHICH IS NOT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
11. TERM AND TERMINATION11.1 Term and Termination. Unless otherwise terminated, this Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Services and will terminate upon written notice of cancellation of Client’s Account by iDM or Client (“Term”), such termination to take effect 48 hours from receipt of such termination notice (or at such other designated time, at least 48 hours in advance).11.2 Post-Termination Obligations. Upon termination of this Agreement (i) iDM will cease providing the Service and permitting access to the Platform to Client; (ii) Client will within thirty (30) days pay to iDM any fees that have accrued prior to the effective date of termination; and (iii) Client will remove the iDM pixel from its website and iDM will not be liable for any damages (or any benefit to iDM) resulting from Client’s failure to remove the pixel. Provided Client is not in breach of the Agreement, iDM will refund Client for any amounts prepaid for Services that were not performed prior to termination. The following sections will survive expiration or termination of this Agreement: Sections 1, 6-10, 11.2, 12-13 and 15-16.
12. TRADEMARKSEach party retains all right, title and interest to its own logos and trademarks. The iDM logos and names are trademarks of iMDirect Marketing, LLC. All other trademarks and product or company names mentioned in the Service or iDM Materials are the property of their respective owners and may not be used without the prior written permission of the. Reference to any products or services by name or otherwise does not imply endorsement by iDM. Notwithstanding the foregoing, iDM may use Client’s logos and name to indicate in promotional materials that Client is a client of the iDM Service.
13. CONFIDENTIALITYConfidential Information includes all information disclosed by a party (the “disclosing party”) to the other party (the “receiving party”), whether of a technical, business or other nature that the receiving party knows or has reason to know is the confidential, proprietary or trade secret information of the disclosing party. Confidential Information does not include information that (i) was lawfully known to the receiving party prior to receiving the same from the disclosing party in connection with this Agreement; (ii) is independently developed by the receiving party without reference to the Confidential Information of the disclosing party; (iii) is lawfully acquired by the receiving party from another source without restriction as to use; or (iv) is or becomes part of the public domain through no act or omission of the receiving party. Each receiving party will (a) use the disclosing party’s Confidential Information solely for the purpose for which it is provided and as permitted under this Agreement; (b) not disclose the disclosing party’s Confidential Information to a third party unless the third party must access the Confidential Information to perform in accordance with this Agreement and the third party has executed a written agreement that contains terms that are substantially similar to the terms contained in this Section 13; and (c) maintain the secrecy of, and protect from unauthorized use and disclosure, the disclosing party’s Confidential Information to the same extent (but using no less than a reasonable degree of care) that it protects its own Confidential Information of a similar nature. If a receiving party is required by law to disclose the Confidential Information of the disclosing party, such receiving party must give prompt written notice (except where prohibited by law) of such requirement to the disclosing party before such disclosure and assist the disclosing party in obtaining an order protecting the Confidential Information from public disclosure. The obligations in this Section 13 will survive termination of this Agreement until the expiration of 3 years from the date of last disclosure. Notwithstanding the foregoing, with respect to a disclosing party’s trade secrets, the receiving party’s obligations under this Agreement remain in effect as long as the Confidential Information remains a trade secret under the Uniform Trade Secrets Act.
14. ASSIGNMENTYou may assign this Agreement upon ten (10) days written notice to iDM in connection with a merger, acquisition, corporate reorganization, or sale of all or substantially all of its assets. Any other attempt to transfer or assign is void. iDM retains the right to assign this Agreement and delegate any or all of its obligations hereunder. This Agreement will bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their respective successors, and permitted assigns.
15. RESOLVING DISPUTES – FORUM, ARBITRATION, CLASS ACTION WAIVER, GOVERNING LAWPLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY, AS IT INVOLVES A WAIVER OF CERTAIN RIGHTS TO BRING LEGAL PROCEEDINGS, INCLUDING AS A CLASS ACTION FOR RESIDENTS OF THE U.S.15.1 Please contact us first! We want to address your concerns without resorting to formal legal proceedings. Before filing a claim, you agree to try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting us first through email@example.com Judicial forum for disputes. You and iDM agree that any judicial proceeding to resolve claims relating to this Agreement or the Services will be brought in the federal or state courts of San Francisco County, California, subject to the mandatory arbitration provisions below. You and iDM consent to venue and personal jurisdiction in such courts.U.S. RESIDENTS ALSO AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING MANDATORY ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER:15.3 ARBITRATIONWe Both Agree To Arbitrate. You and iDM agree to resolve any claims relating to this Agreement or the Services through final and binding arbitration, except as set forth under Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate below.Arbitration Procedures. The American Arbitration Association (AAA) will administer the arbitration under its Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes. The arbitration will be held in the United States county where you live or work, or any other location we agree to.Arbitration Fees and Incentives. The AAA rules will govern payment of all arbitration fees. iDM will pay all arbitration fees for all customers on a pre-pay plan. iDM will not seek its attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines that your claim is frivolous.Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate. Either you or iDM may assert claims, if they qualify, in small claims court in San Francisco, California or any United States county where you live or work. Either party may bring a lawsuit solely for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use or abuse of the Services, or intellectual property infringement (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or patent rights) without first engaging in arbitration or the informal dispute-resolution process described above. If the agreement to arbitrate is found not to apply to you or your claim, you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in San Francisco County, California to resolve your claim.Opt-out of Agreement to Arbitrate. You can decline this agreement to arbitrate by sending an email within 30 days of first accepting this Agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating that you wish to opt out of arbitration with iDM and include your first and last name, the company for which the account was created, and the email address associated with the account.15.4 CLASS ACTION WAIVER Both parties agree to resolve any disputes, claims or controversies on an individual basis, and that any claims arising out of, relating to or in connection with this Agreement (such as with respect to their validity or enforceability), the iDM Materials, or any services provided by iDM will be brought in an individual capacity, and not on behalf of, or as part of, any purported class, consolidated, or representative proceeding.15.5 Controlling Law. This Agreement is governed by the law of the state of California except for its conflicts of laws principles, unless otherwise required by a mandatory law of any other jurisdiction.
16. MISCELLANEOUS16.1 Amendments. This Agreement may be amended only by a written agreement agreed to by an authorized representative of each party, which agreement may be manifested in electronic form (such as through a click-through agreement).16.2 Independent Parties. iDM is an independent contractor and not an agent of Client in the performance of this Agreement. This Agreement is not be interpreted as evidence of an association, joint venture, partnership, or franchise between the parties. Nothing in this Agreement will be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits; there are no third party beneficiaries (except the indemnitees referenced in Section 9).16.3 Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties regarding use of the Service and will supersede all prior agreements between the parties whether, written or oral. No usage of trade or other regular practice or method of dealing between the parties will be used to modify, interpret, supplement, or alter the terms of this Agreement.16.4 Force Majeure. iDM will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform as required by this Agreement as a result of any cause or condition beyond iMDirect’s reasonable control.16.5 Use of Third Parties. Subject to Section 13 iDM may use third parties to perform its duties under this Agreement, including to serve advertisements on its behalf.16.6 Severability. If any portion of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or enforceability will not affect the other provisions of this Agreement, which will remain in full force and effect, and the invalid or unenforceable portion will be given effect to the greatest extent possible.16.7 Waiver. The failure of a party to require performance of any provision will not affect that party’s right to require performance at any time thereafter, nor will a waiver of any breach or default of this Agreement or any provision of this Agreement constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach or default or a waiver of the provision itself.16.8 Notice. All notices to iDM must be delivered in writing by courier, certified or registered mail (postage prepaid and return receipt requested), electronic mail, or as otherwise specified by iDM Legal notices to iDM must be sent to email@example.com.